I was born on March 13th, 1953.
I graduated in Law in 1976 from Università degli Studi di Milano.
In 1979 I won a scolarship from National Research Council (CNR).
My academic appointments:
- Researcher at Law Faculty of Università degli Studi di Milano in 1982;
- Visiting Scholar at NY State School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University, Ithaca (NY) - 1983/1984;
- Associate Professor at Università di Sassari - 1990/1994;
- Associate Professor at Università di Milano - 1994/1995;
- Associate Professor at Bocconi University - 1995/2000;
- Full Professor at Bocconi University - 2000/2020;
- Head of the Comparative Law Institute “Angelo Sraffa” (now Department of Legal Studies “Angelo Sraffa”) - 2002/2003;
- Dean of Bocconi School of Law - 2012/2018;
- Visiting Professor at the School of Law of Fondaçao Getullio Vargas, Saō Paulo, Brasile (2018).
Co-director of the journal Argomenti di Diritto del Lavoro. Former member of the Scientific Board of the journals Giurisprudenza Italiana, Massimario di Giurisprudenza del Lavoro, and Diritto delle Relazioni Industriali. I was member (2003/2006) of Consiglio direttivo dell'Associazione Italiana di Diritto del Lavoro e della Sicurezza Sociale (AIDLASS). Lawyer in Milan, I am registered to the Albo speciale dei professori universitari a tempo pieno. From 2014 to 2019 I was a member of the board of directors of Accademia di Brera as representative of the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research.